FREE Hardwood Floor Cleaning Kit with New Installation
Steps to proper Hardwood Cleaning & Care:
- Sweep or vacuum floors regularly.
- Remove spills promptly with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- Thoroughly clean your floor once a week or as needed.
- Use cleaning products only recommended by Rob's. Never use soaps, detergents,oils or waxes on your hardwood floor.
- Place area rugs at doorways to help catch dirt and sand from incoming traffic.
- Keep your pets nails trimmed.
- Kick off your shoes at the door, especially those high heels.
- Keep humidity between 40% and 60%. As excessive humidity may cause wood fibers to swell, causing the floor to cup or creating cracks in the finish.
- To reduce excessive shrinkage in the winter a humidifier is recommended while air conditioning and a dehumidifier are for the summer for swelling.
- To move furniture properly across a wood floor it, should be picked up.
- Felt pads on all furniture will help with scratching and denting.
- Be careful with potted plants on the floor. Always watch for moisture and condensation.
- Plastic toys, plastic garbage cans and plastic totes scratch the surface easily.
- Do not place area rugs or carpet for 30 days after the final coat. It takes this long for the finish to cure to its full hardness, under ideal conditions.